Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets are notoriously famous among children of this generation. It’s not entirely surprising, anyway. A taste of one crunchy air fryer frozen chicken nuggets confirms its reputation. The crispy layer is so appealing, but as soon as you get to the juicy, succulent chicken beneath, you just close your eyes and go off!
Are you one of those who commit the crime of throwing frozen nuggets into the oven?
Why choose to spend so much time using the oven? You can only get the best taste when you munch air-fried frozen chicken nuggets. Any other method of making frozen chicken nuggets isn’t worth it as long as there’s an air fryer that could give you that heavenly taste.
In this post, we’ve provided excellent details you’ll need to make the best air fryer frozen chicken nuggets. You’ll get a step-by-step instruction and all the essential preparations to help you get it done perfectly! We’ve also added some tips and extra details, usually left out in most recipes.
How to Prepare Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Several factors determine the result of your air-fried frozen chicken nuggets. They all vary in thickness, size, and at times the coating, so you need to keep in mind to adjust the timing. To get the best result, avoid overcrowding the basket. Fill the basket with a fair amount of single layer of chicken nuggets. All air fryers are made differently, and some produce more heat than others.
Once you’re done with the first batch of chicken nuggets, you’ll better understand how your air fryer model works and its size.
If this is your first time trying air fryer frozen chicken nuggets, be careful as you might end up obsessed – you can confirm the condition in kids’ eyes. They are easier to make when taken straight out of the freezer. Also, depending on the thickness and the size of the nuggets, they’ll last in the fryer for about 10-12 minutes.
All you have to do to have them come out quick and crispy is follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Take out your frozen nuggets and place as many as you want (and can contain) into the air fryer basket (you don’t have to preheat your air fryer for this). Also, if you prefer your chicken nuggets to be crispier, you don’t have to overlap them.
Close the lid and set the timer for 12 minutes and 400 degrees of air crisp. You’ll also have to stay close as you need to flip them halfway into the time to make both sides equally crispy.
You can do the flipping after 5 minutes and then close the lid again until the timer alerts you. To make it crispier, you can add one more minute or just leave them in the air fryer for some minutes after turning it off.
- Spraying your chicken nuggets with a little amount of olive oil in the last two minutes makes it extra crispy.
- Nevertheless, a total of 12 minutes is just perfect!
When you are done, place them on a plate with dipping sauces, and devour your air fryer frozen chicken nuggets.
How to Prepare Various Brands of Chicken Nuggets?
There are several unique brands with a variety of thicknesses and sizes of the chicken nuggets. For this reason, you need to try a small handful of test batch before going in full. When you are done with your first set of nuggets, you’ll be able to tell how long and the temperature that works best for your brand.
The time the chicken nuggets take to get crispier is also be influenced by the more you cook them. You should try being flexible and pay attention to ensure that the nuggets are well cooked. Organic frozen chicken nuggets brands are excellent for air fryer too. With organic brands, you can have more air-fried frozen chicken nuggets!
How to Pick the Best Brand of Chicken Nuggets
- Be on the lookout for brands that don’t use antibiotics in their ingredients.
- Check for the brands that make chicken nuggets with white meat such as the breast area of chickens.
- Get two to three popular brands, and after trying them, you’ll be able to make a choice.
Why Use an Air Fryer Instead of an Oven When Cooking Chicken Nuggets?
- Unlike using an oven, with an air fryer that only requires about 12 minutes to cook your chicken nuggets, and you don’t have to preheat to use
- Air-fried frozen chicken nuggets are by far crispier on the outside layer while remaining juicy and succulent beneath compared to oven-made chicken nuggets.
- Kids find it more challenging to use ovens while with an air fryer. They can easily cook chicken nuggets without your help.
- With an air fryer, you don’t need oil frying, so cooking air fryer frozen chicken nuggets is a healthier option.
Types of Dipping Sauces to Support Your Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- If you are a lover of all things spice, you can’t go wrong with chili sauce.
- To add some sort of tangible feel to the crispy chicken nuggets, you can use tomato ketchup.
- As a committed flavor lover, you can try garlic sauce.
- With barbecue sauce, you’ll end up obsessed with air fryer frozen chicken nuggets.
- Now, tell me who doesn’t love the taste of cheese sauce!
Air Frying Notes and Tips
- Cook while frozen, no need for any sort of oil, and you don’t need to heat first.
- Avoid overcrowding your air fryer basket, and ensure to turn them halfway through.
- Preheating isn’t necessary, but if you’re making multiple batches, the subsequent batches won’t take as much time to get crispy as the first time since the air fryer is hotter.
- If you have a larger air fryer, your chicken nuggets might take less time to get crispy, so you should reduce the timer.
- Always remember to set a timer to flip your air fryer frozen chicken nuggets halfway through.